- Free parking (2m height restriction)
- Benches and picnic tables
- Wildflower meadow, woodland and streams to explore
- Read all about it in the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead’s leaflet
- Children’s play feature (closed during COVID-19 restrictions)
- Dog agility equipment
- Interesting sculpture
- 1.2km circular walk
Where you’ll find it…
Find the free car park off Liddell Way, Ascot, nearest postcode SL5 9UZ. Grid reference SU 91978 67788. It’s open every day from 7:30am till 4pm.
What you’ll find there…
If you’re looking for somewhere to start your dog with agility training, Allens Field has a unique selling point! It’s the only ‘Greenspace on your doorstep’ with agility equipment. Find it in the woodland on the far side.
The field has had a chequered history. Once a rubbish tip and before that an allotment. Not the kind where vegetables are grown, but a fuel allotment set aside for the benefit of the poor, somewhere for local people to collect firewood. Now a lovely open space for Ascot.
And if you were wondering who Allen was? There were two of them! George Allen was Clerk to Windsor Rural District Council, and his wife was Clerk to the Parish Council and the Fuel Allotment Trust, in the 1960s and 70s.