- Free parking (2.3m height restriction)
- Six large parking bays for the disabled
- Benches and picnic tables
- Surfaced paths
- Formerly grounds of the Transport Research Laboratory
- A little piece of road transport history!
- Choice of routes, 1.3km, 2.4km & 3.6km
Where you’ll find it…
Find the large free car park off Woodcote Green, Crowthorne RG45 6LN. Grid reference SU 84373 64824. Open from sunrise or 6am (whichever is later) until sunset or 9:30pm (whichever is earlier).
What you’ll find there…
Still in the setting up phase when we visited in December 2018, but what a great surprise! This is a huge open space in what used to be the grounds of the Transport Research Lab. The longest trail wasn’t quite finished, but everything else was open. With its wide, surfaced tracks, it’s perfect for running, cycling or walks with the dog.
Information boards tell you all about the wildlife of the local area and the transport research that once took place here. Echos of the past have been pleasingly integrated, the huge skid pad and areas once used to test ‘innovative’ ideas such as mini-roundabouts and cycle lanes! These may now be nicely landscaped, but it’s lovely that the past is being celebrated.