- Free parking (2.1m height restriction)
- Benches and picnic tables
- Lovely meadows beside the River Thames
- Children’s play facility adjacent to first car park
- 4km circular walk with various routes
Where you’ll find it…
Find two free car parks on Mead Lane, Chertsey, nearest postcode KT16 8LG. Grid references TQ 05462 66204 and TQ 05963 66377. What3Words: kings.curry.mull and pushes.half.sizes respectively. The second car park is the larger one.
What you’ll find there…
Meadow walking at its best, with loads of space and gorgeous views of the River Thames. Choose your own route through the different fields, along mown paths, with shorter and longer options.
The name ‘Mead’ is an old word for meadow and it’s said that in days gone by these fields produced the best hay in England! Now a lovely Local Nature Reserve and an important green space for the community of Runnymede.
Runnymede Borough Council have produced a leaflet to help you make the most of your visit…