Swan Lake Park
- Free parking open 6am – 9pm (2m height restriction)
- Bins and poo bag dispenser
- Benches and picnic bench
- Pretty fishing lake and meadow in the Blackwater Valley
- Off-lead exercise area in the meadow, dogs at your side around the lake
- 1.6km circular walk that can be extended by joining the Blackwater Valley Path
Where you’ll find it…
The free car park is on Swan Lane, Sandhurst, nearest postcode GU47 9DA. Grid reference SU 83578 60836. What3Words: thick.stones.sample. Right next to the allotments. It may sometimes be locked overnight, but expect to find it open between 6am and 9pm everyday.
What you’ll find there…
A nice place to enjoy watery delights, swans are aplenty here, not surprisingly! One of our wardens took this picture of the cygnets. What could be more appropriate than eight cygnets at Swan Lake Park on Swan Lane?!
A former gravel pit, Swan Lake Park is now a pleasant walk through a wildflower meadow and around a fishing lake. Dog owners should know that there’s a zoning system in place, with the meadow offering an off-lead exercise area, and the lake requiring dogs at your side. Around the lake, you’ll find most paths are well surfaced, and you can easily pickup the Blackwater Valley Path for a longer walk. For the safest route to the Blackwater, head out of the car park, turn left onto Swan Lane and head towards the large mast. You’ll come to the river in about 100m.